Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Candy Corn Display ~

Holiday | Entertaining Inspiration
I will start this post reminding all of you how much a dislike candy corn - I know, you are probably thinking, who doesn't like candy corn? Me! Now as much as I dislike it, it does scream Halloween to me. And I know others like it, so I have come up with a fun way to display the awful treat. 

I started with this Jiffy Pots from Home Depot - they were $1.99 for 26.
I then grabbed a pedestal...

Added this broken clock face to the top...


I had a few left over black RedVines. So I cut them in half and added a spooky black crow to top them off. 

I then filled the Jiffy Pots with candy corn and a few skeleton hands for a little more spookiness. I decided to keep the pots simple, but you could easily add some ribbon, paper or even a little bling to embellish them.

And to complete the display, I added a few sticks from my backyard. 

Even though I won't be eating any of these holiday favorites, I can't wait to display them for Halloween!





Sources:
Jiffy Pots - Home Depot
Candy - Grocery Store
Crow & Skeleton Hands - Dollar Tree
Glass Bowl & Stand - Goodwill
Burlap Garland - Michaels

Linked to:
Fall Festival at This Blessed Nest
First Link Party at Eighteen25
Weekend Wrap Up Party at Tatertots and Jello
Feature Yourself Friday at Fingerprints on the Fridge







25 comments:

Becca Bertotti said...

This.is.amazing!! How on earth did you think to put a broken face clock on a pedastal ... love this and, yes, will have to borrow this idea! I love the crow, candy corns and burlap ... too, too cute! Thanks for sharing, *Becca*

The Tuscan Home said...

...that is the cutest idea EVER!! I have a clock just like that, so now I can try and replicate this brilliant idea! Thank you! YOU ROCK!! ~Liz

Laurie said...

Love it! Maybe this will inspire you to try just a tiny little piece of candy corn! Who knows you might start liking it...

Lisa@Pickles and Cheese said...

Really cute display. I love the Jiffy Pots with candy corn! Clever!

Emily {Frilly Details} said...

What a cute display!! The only way I eat candy corn is mixed with peanuts. Sounds weird, but it's really good!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Nice display, Chelsea! I like it! Those skeleton hands are perfect sticking out of the pots.

Krista@RustikChic said...

OH, how I LOVE this! What a great idea. I must make a display like this for my Halloween party...thanks for sharing:) (I'll let you know if I get around to it!) LOVE.

Okie Chic said...

Super cute!! I don't like candy corn either..

Tammy said...

That looks awesome! It would also be cute with some cupcakes! Great idea!

Kathy said...

I really like this display simple but yet very halloweenish . Oh and yes I would not have to share the candy corn:-) I did wnat you to know I like how you add the items from amazon to your post -helps those of us that live in the sticks and don't have any stores to shop.

Terrell said...

Totally loving this!!! WOW!!! Your displays always amaze me though..so nothing new ;D You're just a real gem in decorating sweet girly! I looove candy corn in a big way..so I'm not sure they're be much to display in my house..ha!! Love this Chelsea!!
Hugs to you,
~Terrell @ FrouFrou Decor~

Tammy @ tinselshop.com said...

Chelsea, I adore this idea! The clock face and the black licorice toped with the crow are perfect. I might be using this idea for this year's halloeen party! Thanks for always inspiring!

Best wishes,
Tammy

Jane said...

Awesome display!! I just love how you took all those different elements and created one fantastic display. I love it!

Life in Rehab said...

I fall in love with your taste all over again every time I visit. This is so simple and cool with such wonderful textures, and the candy corn is a perfect spark of color. Charming!

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Hi Chelsea, What a cute and very creative display. Love it! Any leftover candy corn can be sent my way.

I would love for you to drop by and enter my giveaway.
Hugs, Sherry

nest of posies said...

your pedestal with the broken face clock is one amazing idea! it looks awesome together.

those jiffy planting cups are wonderful. target had a great collection this year for spring/summer...you have me thinking now...i have a few left over.

amazing display.
thanks for linking up to the FALL FESTIVAL!

kellie

Angie said...

Amazing!!!!!

very merry vintage style said...

You are really talented... congratulations on a great display! I don't like candy corn either. : )

Jill@Barnes Yard said...

Love, love, LOVE it!

Vivienne @ the V Spot said...

OK, That is ADORABLE! (In a spooky, Halloweenish way, of course.)
:)

1 Funky Woman said...

I love how you used those little pots, very creative!

Megan

Diane said...

Cute, cute, cute! I love this and the jiffy pot cups are such a great idea. Never thought of using them for decorating Ÿ

Deborah@Green Willow Pond said...

Love that clock face pedestal. Hmmm..I have a broken clock...might have to try that. Great idea!

Hanna said...

Hi there!!! I'm your newest follower from the weekend linky:) I love finding new blogs and yours is lovely:) You can find me at www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com

This is adorable

Sawdust Girl said...

Very cute!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails